Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Home Today!

Well at about 1:00 this morning I was awoken by a barking dog... or so I thought... It turned out to be Jace breathing. I could hear him even though I was in our room and he was in his. It wasn't much longer after that he woke up wanting his bottle. He coughed and I swore it came from his little toes. It was such a deep cough. After I gave him the bottle, he went back to sleep, but I could still hear him wheezing all the way in my room. I gave him a breathing treatment after he fell asleep. When I woke him up this morning to get him ready for school, he wasn't any better. So I kept him home from school today. He's not fevered or showing any signs of the flu, but with that deep cough and severe wheezing, I'd rather not take him to school for two reasons: (1) I want to keep an eye on him and administer his breathing treatments when they're needed and (2) if it is something viral, I don't want to expose the other children to it. So no report card today...

I called into work to let them know what was going on, checked my voicemail & returned my calls, and rescheduled appointments set for today. Since then, Jace and I have read books, played lightly with toys, but mostly I've just carried him around everywhere. He's extremely whiny since he's not feeling well. He isn't wanting me to put him down. He ate a little bit for lunch. Not much, but that's not unusual. After lunch I laid him down to take his nap. He's been in the room crying now for about 5 minutes. He's so tired, but he loves to fight a nap/sleep when he's put in his bed. I guess that's just children.

So, now I'm off to do some house work. I'm "flying" right along with Fly Lady and doing what needs to be done every day. What a difference she is making in our lives! The positive side to him being sick is that I can get some stuff done today while he's taking his nap. I try to find some positive in every situation... So I better get off of this blog and get to work flying....

XOXO,
Jaime

No comments: