Monday, October 20, 2008

A Visit from Great Aunt Kelly & 2nd Cousin Jessica



Daddy dressed me in camo... I should fit right in a the Wal-Mart!





This weekend we had a visit from Pod's Great-Aunt Kelly & 2nd cousin, Jessica. Pod, Daddy & I had a great time visiting with them on Sunday. They came over and saw the baby. Then G. Aunt Kelly, Jessica, Pod, and I went to the grocery to get some food for dinner. We made a pit stop by McDonald's for their lunch. We got home, unpacked the groceries, and Jessica helped me peel potatoes for mashed potatoes, while G. Aunt Kelly helped look after the baby. Silly me... I forgot to get the charcoal, which was a requirement for the grill. Joe had to go get the charcoal. I don't think he minded because it gave him an excuse to stop and pick up some shrimp to throw on the grill. While he was gone, we called Grandma Dana and Great-Grandma Cay-Cay. We had a nice dinner of grilled chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, and shrimp. Joe was the only one to have shrimp and I was the only one not to eat mashed potatoes. I had a spinach salad instead. After dinner, Joe cleaned up the kitchen and I took care of Pod while visiting with Aunt Kelly and Jessica. Then Joe and Jessica played video games until it was time for bed. Joe left for work this morning. Aunt Kelly got up and we talked for a while then Jessica got up. We all visited for a while and played with the baby while watching TV. Then Aunt Kelly and Jessica left around 1:22 this afternoon. I'm sitting here checking out my Aunt Darcy's blog, listening to George Winston and sipping pumpkin spice tea. I'm about to go take a nap with Pod. He looks like he's about to drift off to sleep.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I'm so glad to see the pictures of Kelly and Jessica with Pod. It sounds like all of you had a lot of fun! I wish I could have been there. We could have gone to Fresh Market!!