Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Holy Ice Cream, Bat Man!

Tomorrow my in-laws are coming over for dinner. I called to invite them over so they could see and spend time with Pod. The problem I faced was trying to come up with a menu that is dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, and nut-free that they may enjoy. Yesterday I stopped at Sam's Club and picked up some meat & Idaho potatoes. I think Joe will cook the meat on the grill & I can bake the potatoes. I didn't know what kind of a dessert to make. I made an apple crisp the other night that turned out... well... okay. It wasn't delicious by any means and we had half of it left over. I threw it all out and Joe never asked me where I put the left over. So I figure he didn't care for it either!

Well, good news!! Tonight while surfing the net for recipes, I came across a new ice cream product made of coconut milk rather than cow's milk. It's called Turtle Mountain Purley Decadent. It's dairy/lactose free, gluten free, soy free, cholesterol free, all certified organic, certified vegan, and sweetened with agave. Who could ask for more? I did a search and found that it's available in Knoxville. The good news is that there's grocery store on my side of town carrying this! YAY!!! So tomorrow morning, Pod and I are going grocery shopping!! The flavors come in vanilla bean, mint chip, chocolate, coconut, and cookie dough. MMMM I can't wait to try some! Also, their website has a 'Rewards' area where you can print coupons for their products! If you're interested, check out http://www.turtlemountain.com/

No comments: