Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gigantic Cookies





Okay, so cooking and baking hasn't been my 'thing'. I get it honestly, I guess, just ask Mom. But anyway, I try because I enjoy doing it. I've told Joe many times that I wish I could cook. I can't just start baking or cooking without a recipe. I'm not one of those types, although I would love to be. I'm not very organized in the kitchen either. If I had to prepare a whole meal like my Aunt Darcy does at Thankgsiving, I'd go nuts. I wouldn't know what to make in advance, yada yada yada.

Well this year I offered to help out again with the candy cane cookies. Joe's mom always makes them. I made them last year and they were pretty awful. Anyway, Sue said it would be great if I could make a batch. I knew I could make cookies in advance. So, this morning I started making the candy cane cookies. They're not the easiest things in the whole world to make, but they're pretty interesting.

So I was rolling them out and twisting them up. They baked and came out looking like walking canes instead of candy canes! They're huge!! I called Sue and told her I was going to make peppermint sticks instead of candy canes becuase they keep falling apart. You can't tell in the picture but most all of them are broken! Well, the one you can tell it was broken, so I had to taste test.

So, we'll each get one cookie for Christmas... LOL oh well... at least I tried!!!

No comments: