Sunday, June 1, 2008

Saltbox House Nightlight - DIY

As you all know, I absolutely adore primitive decor items. I wanted to do Pod's room all in primitives, but it's been hard finding "baby items" in prim decor. One thing I talked to Joe about, though, was doing a salt-box house nightlight. When I visited our local primitive store, I found the cost of these lighted salt-box houses to be between $150-$400. So I almost gave up!

One day while out shopping, Joe came across this salt-box primitive birdhouse. It was unfinished. He painted it in the colors to match Pod's room. Now I'm just waiting to order the light kit for it. Once we get it, Joe will drill the hole for it and it will be a birdhouse turned nightlight! We'll probably set it on the dresser or someplace like that. It's large, not something that hangs from the socket while it's plugged in. Joe has done a fantastic job on it! See for yourself!

Once Joe puts the light kit in it, the light will shine through the windows and door. I can't wait to see it finished! This is one DIY project I'm really excited about. The good news??? Paint and birdhouse costs were less than $20.00!!!

No comments: