Monday, April 28, 2008

Growing a Baby & Fighting an Infection

This past weekend was pretty nice. Friday night we went out for dinner with Sue & Jerome, then we felt our first movement from Pea Pod. Saturday Joe mowed the grass and I did laundry. We felt movement again from Pea Pod. Sunday Joe & I went to church and then down to his sister's house. I shot the 9mm gun a few times.. well... exactly two times. It was enough to scare me to death. I found that when I pull the trigger I close my eyes. I guess I have a lot of work to do on that, huh? Other than that, we went to Hardees for lunch where I had fish and chips. When I ordered the girl and mgr in the back informed me that I really wasn't getting chips, they were french fries. Boy am I glad they cleared that up! Do I look that stupid?? I guess so. Anyway, so we ate, but the more fish I ate, the colder it was getting. Turns out it was still frozen in the middle. Joe took it back and got me some fresh, hot fish. He brought it back, but I had eatten so many fries, I couldn't eat much more than one patty of hot fish. We went to Wal-Mart got some more ammo and went back to Machael's. Joe continued to shoot while I went into the motorhome Machael & John bought. Machael and Sue planned a camping trip in the motorhome. I mostly listened but ended up providing a few suggestions. I excused myself to go get a drink and noticed my throat started feeling funny. By the time we left, I told Joe my throat started feeling sore. We went to Wal-Mart in Lenoir City, picked up a few things, and headed home. I had a DanActive (the first in two weeks), then laid down to watch TV. I went to bed shortly thereafter. All night I tossed and turned. The longer I laid there, the more I turned, the more sore my throat got, and the further congested my nose became. When I finally got up for work this morning, I couldn't hardly move I was so tired and feeling so lousy. I was blowing green gook out my nose. I worked all day today, came home, ate a preservative ful dinner, and took some children's Sudafed for decongestant. Then I fell asleep. When I woke up, I started feeling congested again. My throat is dry, but not as sore. I've been gargling with salt water the best I can with a congested nose. Having a sinus infection is not much fun when you're growing a baby! I haven't felt Pea Pod move all day. They say when Momma doesn't feel good, baby doesn't either. He must be sleeping. Soiunds like a good idea to me. I'm off to gargle some more salt water, blow my nose, take some more medicine and go back to bed. Good night!

No comments: