Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Due Date


I went to the doctor yesterday and found out the baby's due date is September 25th. How exciting!! It all seems so unreal. The doctor confused me though saying I was 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant based upon the first day of my last menstural cycle, but then turned around and said I probably didn't ovulate until around January 3rd or so. That's why the blood work I had done on January 5th tested negative to the hCG hormone. So actually I'm less than two weeks pregnant, not four. Oh well... He said they go by the menstural cycle not the date of conception.




He said it is too early to do an ultra sound as nothing would show on it. I told him I was concerned because I had a feeling in my lower right side of my tummy that feels like I pulled a muscle when I stand up, turn or move a certain way, or sneeze. He said that is common of two things; 1.) round ligament pain - which is way too early for that or 2.) the cyst on my ovary keeping me pregnant until the placenta is developed is having pressure put on it. Either way it's very normal, but the bad thing there is nothing they can do about it.




He was concerned about the urine sample they took because although it was positive, it was very slightly positive, which could mean one of two things; 1.) I'm extremely early in my pregnancy (hCG is produced and doubles every 48 hours in strength) or 2.) It could be a sign of miscarriage. So the doctor took my blood yesterday and will take it again Thursday morning just to make sure that the hormone is doubled as it should be for a normal pregnancy.

During my exam he did say that my uterus didn't feel swollen or anything, which is another indicator that I'm either very early in the pregnancy or there may be a miscarriage.

So please pray for a healthy, normal pregnancy for me and that we may be blessed with a healthy baby come September. If it's God's will, it will be done.


Love you all!


No comments: